In the G’s house there is high vehicle turnover. This is not because we kill them, but more like my husband isn’t attached to them yet enjoys cars very much. In eight years my husband alone has owned six vehicles and I three. This doesn’t include the ones he owns to flip. Well it seems this week, it has tickled him to sell my truck. Now I’ve been emotional about letting her go, since she’s my beat up truck, but she is an inanimate object. If my husband can be unemotional about his vehicles that he has actually poured blood, sweat, and no tears over then I should too.
The other day he said someone is coming to possibly buy ‘her’ so I made him take pictures of me in front of ‘her’. Well it turned into a photoshoot. Good thing I came from work and was dressed up.
Us just hanging out
This is how I feel when I drive her.
Shirt- Victoria Secrets, Snake Skin Leggings- American Apparel, Purse, Boots, & Scarf- Francesca’s, Bracelet- Vintage
So here are ten things I love about my truck:
1. She is all scratched up so I can park by a shopping cart and not care.
2. I get excited when there is an opportunity to hit a curb or go off the road.
3. Her heater didn’t work most of the winter so now I never get cold. (Ask the girls at the store. I always think the A.C. is broken)
4. The windshield wiper does not wipe right in front of the drivers view. ( This isn’t something positive, but it is funny how many times Kory has tried to fix it and it has never gotten better. Now I have mastered the art of driving slanted.)
No one Creepers can’t just jump in my passenger side, because I don’t have power locks.
6. It cools off real fast during hot summer days, because the cab is so small.
7. If I ever have the urge to ram other cars, I can. She’s already beat up. (Even though I have this urge, I have not fulfilled it)
8. There are no expectations for me to clean it from Mr. Cars himself, because it’s a work truck and drives better under dirty circumstances.
9. Whenever it’s garbage day as I drive around I look for ‘good garbage’ people are getting rid of that I could use. I can just throw it in the back bed in case its gross. This also goes for garage sales.
10. When I am in a parking lot at night I have no fear that a stalker will be hiding behind my ugly truck, because they will think I’m going to be getting into the Camry. Also no one can hide in my back seat, because it’s a truck!
The people who came by we actually watched them park, looked at her, and leave without knocking. They didn’t see her heart of gold. They didn’t deserve her.